What is Family Mediation?
If you are separating or divorcing, family mediation helps you sort out disputes – without involving big legal fees or going through a long drawn-out court battle.
Professional family mediators help you work out what happens after you split up.
The mediator will not try to get you and your ex-partner back together.
The mediator can also help when you’ve been separated a while and need to sort something out.
A mediator will listen to you and your ex-partner explain your concerns and views to each other and will help you both to reach an agreement.
Mediation works by helping people find practical solutions that feel fair.
We are a successful family mediation service that is cost effective, sensible and a realistic alternative to court action. Our mediators possess vast experience of family law disputes. The mediator will meet with both parties and discuss their concerns and help them reach mutual decisions on a range of issues such as access to children, finance, divorce and property cases.
Family mediation is an option to sorting out family disputes without going through court.
Family mediation helps if your relationship has broken down and you need to sort out practical issues such as:
- Make arrangements for children
- Sort out property and finances (e.g. house, savings, pension)
- Child maintenance payments
- Improve communication
- Minimise costs
- Avoid court
What are the benefits?
- Gives you more say about what happens
- In court a judge will make the decisions. With mediation you and the other party make the decisions.
- Is less stressful, with less conflict between you and your partner. If you have children it is less upsetting for them. It can help find ways for everyone involved to get on better in the future.
- Improves communication and helps you sort out your future.
- Agreements can be reviewed and changed if you both agree – e.g. if your situation changes, and as your children get older and have different needs.
- Is easier on your children when parents co-operate and helps them continue important family relationships.
- Is quicker, cheaper and provides a better way to sort out disagreements than long drawn-out court battles – helping you to get on with the rest of your life as quickly as possible.
We are a family mediation firm who can provide a cost effective mediation service, as a realistic alternative to court action.
Our qualified mediators possess a vast amount of experience in family law disputes.